How to set up canned responses in Gmail. If you are frequently sending the same type of email to customers or clients, you can create a template, or as known in Gmail as ‘Canned responses’. Here are step by step instructions to help you along.
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Go to Settings
- Click on Labs
- Scroll to Canned Responses and Enable, then Save.
- Type up your template email content only, and then select it all.
- Click on the down arrow, and the dropdown menu will show ‘canned responses’ and a sub directory ‘new canned response’. Click new canned response.
- You have now created your ‘canned response’. Now to test it.
- Create a new email.
- Click on the down arrow, select canned responses.
- Select your created canned response and it will insert automatically.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them below.