ADDITIONAL TERMS OF SERVICE FOR OUR ONLINE COURSES
These Additional Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to all clients, or all potential clients of Anne C Clark [ABN 11711069897 ] (“we, us, our”). These Terms together with any other terms and conditions and policies we publish or link to on our website and services form an Agreement with us (“Agreement”). “You” could be any client of ours.
ONLINE COURSE WE WILL PROVIDE
Our Online Courses teach you various business fundamentals. Our current course is on how to become a Virtual Assistant, and we will launch various other courses. We provide various materials to help you during the Online Course, including videos, worksheets, spreadsheets, diagrams and documents. Theses are accessible through our website members portal for the duration of the Online Course.
Things you must do before purchasing Online Courses on our website
- be 18 years old or have parental consent;
- provide complete and accurate information to us, and promptly inform us of any updates to your information;
- ensure you have adequate technology set up and internet access to participate in the Online Course.
Acknowledgements you make when purchasing on our website
You acknowledge and agree that:
- we cannot take into account your personal situation or your personal goals or objectives when providing the Online Course. The Materials are general in nature and we cannot guarantee that your desired outcome will be met;
- the Materials we provide are not a substitute for independent professional advice and any reliance on this information is at your sole risk. For example, sometimes the Materials could be classed as “business”, “financial” or “legal” advice. You must consider whether or not the information is appropriate to your needs. We strongly recommend that you obtain independent professional advice before making any decisions or taking steps towards reliance on our information; for example where this is financial information you should seek the help of a financial advisor and where this is legal information you should seek assistance from a lawyer.
You further acknowledge and agree that there may be:
- occasional errors or omissions in Online Course descriptions, prices, availability and promotions;
- some Online Courses with limited places, and some courses that are limited to certain regions or groups of people;
- technical problems downloading Materials, and there are inherent risks associated with downloading digital products and using online software;
- access to the membership portal will cease after the duration of the Online Course.
Except as required by law, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information, or the availability of the Online Courses. We also cannot guarantee the results of the Online Course as they are dependent on your learning, actions and implementation.
You also acknowledge that we may make recommendations of consultants or suppliers of various products or services during our Online Courses. Any recommendations are only recommendations, and if you purchase from the consultant or supplier we are not involved; it is a legal contract with them. Therefore, you must direct any product or service concerns, requests for refunds or other feedback to the relevant consultant or supplier.
- pay for the Online Course via the published payment methods available;
- make the deposit or full payment as required by us prior to commencement of the Online Course as your place cannot be reserved or confirmed until payment is received; and
- have any special offer coupons ready as they must be used at the of purchase to apply; they cannot be applied retrospectively.
You also agree to pay any applicable currency conversion fees, or financial service provider fees where relevant. Where payments are made in instalments, you authorise us to deduct all accrued and outstanding fees from your credit card or debit card provided. You must ensure that sufficient funds are available in your nominated account to meet any withdrawals made by us on their scheduled due dates. Where payment is defaulted or not received, you authorise us to debit any outstanding funds from your nominated account, without the need for notifying you.
Things you must do after purchasing on our website
- maintain the confidentiality of your login and password for your membership portal account;
- not allow other people to use the Materials or your account;
- contact us by email at if you have any difficulty downloading any Materials;
- not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, re-sell or exploit the or Materials in any way;
- contact us by email at if you have any issues with the Online Course and require a refund;
- seek our prior written consent before any publication of information about us; and
- in the case of a dispute keep all communications confidential.
You must not post any of the following, which is determined at our discretion:
- any inappropriate or offensive, threatening or abusive content;
- any immoral content, including but not limited to, anything pornographic or obscene;
- any illegal content, including any content which is defamatory;
- anything that breaches the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, any intellectual property rights of a third party such as copyright, or trademark, or a third party’s privacy; or
- any content that impersonates any other person or misleads us or third parties as to the origin of your posts.
You are responsible for all your posts and their accuracy, completeness and timeliness. We are not responsible for any of your posts or any third party posts. Where posts do not comply with our rules, or are otherwise objectionable we may, but do not have any obligation to, edit or remove the content. By making posts in our community, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free perpetual irrevocable licence to use the posts for any purpose, and you waive any Moral Rights in those posts.
Your commitment to the Online Course
To get the most benefit out of our Online Course, you should take your time and attend to one module thoroughly before moving onto the next one. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your own success and outcomes during the Online Course.
Things we’d love you to do after purchasing on our website
We’d love you to provide us with any photos, videos, testimonials, and/or case studies so we can use them for marketing and information purposes, publications, exhibitions and professional awards across all print or digital mediums, including our social media channels.
However, please note that by providing us with photos, videos, testimonials and/or case studies you assign copyright ownership to us. This includes all copyright and any other rights under the Copyright Act 1968 and the right of reproduction either wholly or in part. If you provide content but subsequently want to revoke permission to use it, it is your responsibility to notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER MATTERS YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF
We may change information on our website and store
Except as required by law, we may at any time, and without prior notice to you:
- change and update information including availability and promotions;
- change prices or descriptions of our Online Courses;
- change our range of Online Courses, or discontinue an Online Course.
We comply with the Australian Consumer Law
You are entitled to various consumer guarantees, rights, and remedies under the Australian Consumer Law including, but not limited to, consumer guarantees that the Online Courses are delivered with due care and skill and in a reasonable time.
Except as required by law we do not warrant the quality of the Online Courses or warrant that they will meet your expectations. We do not provide refunds for changes of mind, where you fail to provide us with adequate information, where you can no longer partake in part or all of an Online Course, or where you fail to comply with our instructions.
If we need to cancel your order we will provide a refund
Except as required by law, all payments are non-transferable and non-refundable. On occasion we may cancel an Online Course where we are no longer able to provide it. In these or similar circumstances where we have to cancel the whole course we will provide you with a full refund. Despite our reasonable endeavours, on occasion we may also need to change times or dates of course sessions at short notice or even cancel parts of an Online Course. We will notify you as soon as possible of any changes. We do not provide refunds except as required under the Australian Consumer Law.
We can refuse to serve you and sell Online Courses at any time
We may refuse to provide our Online Courses to you, or anyone, for any reason, at any time. In particular, if you breach this Agreement we may immediately terminate your use of our website and services, any account and disable your ability to purchase of our Online Courses. We can also change, suspend or stop providing Online Courses at any time, for any reason, and without notifying you. We are not responsible to you for any changes, or if we suspend or stop our Online Courses.
All the Intellectual Property Rights in our Materials are owned by or licensed by us. We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, revocable licence to use our Materials for your personal use only. This licence to use our Materials in relation to the Online Courses is for the duration of the purchased Online Course only. In particular, you must not use our Materials for any commercial purposes without our prior written consent which is given or withheld at our sole discretion. Any use beyond your sole personal use will be conditional on the payment of license fees, and acknowledgement of our moral rights under the Copyright Act 1968 where applicable. Please contact us at email@example.com to seek consent.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION DISCLAIMER
Whilst we exercise due care in ensuring our information’s accuracy, sometimes it may not be accurate. There may be typographical errors, or it may be based on an opinion of the author that is not widely held. Occasionally the information may be historical information, and based on primary sources of material, contemporary thinking, regulations or laws which existed at the time of publication, and these will change from time to time. Occasionally the information may not be complete. For that reason, we cannot guarantee that the information is accurate, complete or current.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any Loss or damage arising from your use of our website and services or any Online Courses purchased using the service, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions, price changes or discontinued Online Courses, your reliance on any of our information, any visitor posts and content, any links to third party websites, any interruptions, any changes, suspension or termination of our website and services, our recording of any events, and changes to dates and times of Online Courses.
To the extent which we are entitled to do so, our liability under the Australian Consumer Law will be limited, at our option to:-
- the replacement of the Online Course or the supply of an equivalent Online Course; or
- the payment of acquiring an equivalent Online Course.
In any case, our liability to you will not exceed the amount actually paid by you to us for the most recent Online Course you have paid for.
You agree to indemnify us, and to keep us indemnified from any Claim arising out of or in connection with your breach of this Agreement, including, but not limited to where you provide incorrect information, any breach of the posting rules, and any breach of our Intellectual Property Rights.
IF THERE IS A DISPUTE
In the event of any dispute that cannot be resolved, both parties agree to obtain an independent professional arbitrator/dispute resolution specialist to make a determination on the dispute and each party agrees to pay their own costs.
This Agreement is to be construed in accordance with the laws of VIC, Australia, and you and we submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of VIC, Australia. This is the entire agreement between you and us, and supersedes any prior agreements, proposals and communications whether oral or written, between you and us. In the event of an inconsistency between the terms in this document, and other terms and conditions on our website, these terms prevail. No other term is to be included in this Agreement except where it is required to be included by law. The failure by us to exercise any right, or enforce any provision in this Agreement does not waive the future operation of that right or provision. In the event that a provision in this Agreement is not enforceable, such provision shall be severed from this Agreement to the extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. All obligations and liabilities in these Agreement survive termination of this Agreement.
Australian Consumer Law means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
Agreement means these terms, and the general website terms and conditions and all other terms and conditions and policies published or linked to on our website.
Claim means any claim, under statute, tort, contract or negligence, any demand, award or costs.
Intellectual Property Rights means all copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents, trade secrets and confidential information whether registered or unregistered.
Loss or damage means any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential loss or damages of any kind, including but not limited to, any loss of profits, revenue, savings, loss of data, loss of enjoyment, virus to systems, personal injury, death, property damage and legal costs.
Materials means any of our videos, worksheets, spreadsheets, diagrams and documents and any and all online program and course materials, and anything provided to you during the course.
Moral Rights means any moral rights as defined under the Copyright Act 1968.
Online Course means our current How to become a Virtual Assistant Course and includes all Materials; and any future courses we provide.
We, us, or our means Anne Clark t/as Anne C Clark [ABN 11711069897 ] and includes any of our directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, contractors.
Website and services means https://www.annecclark.com, and everything available on this website including, but not limited to, all Online Courses.