I work with clients helping them to build their mailing list funnels. The purpose of building a quality email list is it gives you the opportunity to communicate directly with your audience, build trust and convert sales. It’s your direct line of communication to your target market.
Why build a mailing list?
If Facebook, Instagram or whatever platform you’re using to connect with your target market were to close tomorrow how will you communicate with your target market. You would be left with no market, no audience and no opportunity to continue connecting with your audience to gain revenue.
You own your mailing list, you don’t own the social media platforms.
Where to start?
A list building funnel is an opportunity for you to offer something free (like a sample) to your audience that would
answers their question (pain point)
showcases your expertise
Types of freebies
Freebies or commonly referred to as Opt-Ins can be anything you desire to showcase your expertise. Some examples are:
- Mini Courses
- Cheat Sheet
- Workbook / worksheet
- Free course
Determine your end goal for your opt-in sequence. Yes, you are list building, however you are not just giving away things for free. Your email sequence wants to have an end goal.
- Buy product
- Book in for coaching service
- Enrol in course or workshop
The email sequence
A general rule for email opt-in sequences is as follows:
- Send your freebie and welcome them
- Offer something extra that compliments your freebie they’ve already received, and introduce yourself
- Talk about how you solve your audience pain points
- Present your goal product or service
- Pitch your final offer on the service or have a countdown until the offer expires.
If you would like to start building your email list, contact me today and let’s talk about how we can make this happen.